Tuesday 14 September 2010

Shoes the big clear out

Right, first phase of the 100 Item Challenge,  my shoes, when we moved back into our apartment I had a clear out before I escaped from the suburbs back to the city.  But I still bought some items that I didn't need and had been boxed up since... well forever.

So the inventory

1. Brown Pair of size 11 (45) Prada leisure shoes
2. Cream Pair of size 11 (45) Prada leisure shoes
3. Blue Pair of size 10.5 (44) Blue Harbour leisure shoes
4. Black Pair of size 11 (45) Firetrap trainers
5. Black Pair of size 11 (45) suede slip on shoes
6. Silver Pair of size 11 (45) Nike Trainers (disco shoes)
7. White Pair of size 11 (45) Nike running trainers
8.  Black pair of size 11 (45) leather leisure shoes
9.  Black pair of size 11 (45) Leather Business shoes
10.Black pair of size 11 (45) German Leather Army Boots

Okay now what to get rid of.... I think both pairs of Prada shoes can go, I had an ill faited romance with a Romanian Cancer Surgeon, and went on a designer brand spending spree, spending around £4000 in one month on designer clothes and shoes that I didn't really need or want.  The German Leather Army Boots can go, another story about an ex there... I went out with a German Teacher and he was into the leather & rubber gear and that whole scene, I have a leather shirt and a couple of harnesses kicking around (which can also be disposed of)  I am spotting a theme here, I went on shopping sprees to buy the accessories to impress a partner, perhaps now I have found my true soul mate I can actually live the life I determine and not trying to become someone else to please others.  Any how I am rambling, so I am down three pairs of shoes. 

The ones I definitely need to keep are the Business Shoes, essential for formal meetings, no matter how rare they're needed.  I am normally found in jeans, polo shirt and trainers.  The casual leather shoes need to stay, they're just so comfortable and a bargain buy from my last visit to Florida in December.  The white trainers need to be kept, just for the rare trip to the gym or if I decide to pound the streets jogging at some ungodly hour in the morning. 

The disco silver sneakers are fab, but I very much doubt I will wear them again, so ebay will have a new visitor.  The firetrap trainers and suede slip on shoes can be set free too, they're getting a bit ragged.  I think it's wise to have another pair of shoes so the Blue Harbour leisure shoes it will be.

So what I am keeping is

1. White Pair of size 11 (45) Nike running trainers
2.  Black pair of size 11 (45) leather leisure shoes

3.  Black pair of size 11 (45) Leather Business shoes
4.  Blue Pair of size 10.5 (44) Blue Harbour leisure shoes

This is the first logged 4 items, in my 100 Item Challenge

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment